Monday, August 13, 2007

already quit one RP!

Mood: Irritated
Listening to Luna - Moonspell
Eating salad


Well, on my previous post I mentioned making new friends, like Rane! Never mind. She lost my respect with a single statement on the discussion thread of her RP.

"I know you guys like Yaoi, and all that junk. But, it seriously bothers me. And that's also part of the reason I 'may' or 'may not' quit."

She's very religious, and when any mention of yaoi was brought up in the discussion thread, I told it to stop. (It NEVER came up in the actual RP, because it had nothing to do with anything.) I didn't want to offend her or make her uncomfortable because I respected her beliefs. But with that, she lost the respect.

I said:
"Well, if that's how you're going to be, then fine. We can all find something else to do, or at least I can (I'm not speaking for everyone else, they can do it themselves). I won't lie, I don't like your reasons because I feel it has nothing to do with the actual RP.

I respect your beliefs, but those are ours, and if you can't deal with it, then I guess it's good you're considering quitting the RP. Just so you know, people like this are everywhere, and you can't avoid them forever.

And yes, this very much means I'm quitting this RP, whether you are or not. What a shame; it was a good idea."

Lys is up for use somewhere else now, though. Yippee. Hopefully I can find a good RP home for him. Somewhere deserving. And somewhere tolerant. ]:

2 comments:

the prince of mansmut said...

Ah, religious people! They expect you to respect their beliefs, then don't respect yours. It should just be renamed the Church of Hypocrisy! That's why I liked the one Christian friend I had. He was a real Christian who didn't look down on people. D< Well, he was like that, I don't know if he still is...[laughs] I doubt it. D:

Anyway, just let them throw their hissy fits. No one cares if they leave. D: But you've left two RPs now? Or more..?! Well, at least you have your own to keep an interest in. [laughs] All the yaoi and mansluts you want!

Calix said...

I haven't seen her on lately. I guess she left completely! Huzzah! [kicks dirt after her] Go fall asleep at your silly youth group. I will RP sexily!