Wednesday, November 28, 2007

last weeks of the semester

Mood: Frustrated
Watching Home Improvement
Reading Drawing Down the Moon - Margot Adler
Drinking juice


I'm really sleepy right now but I tried to sleep and ended up rolling around uncomfortably. I wonder if my insomnia is coming back, but I have no idea why it would be. Could just be hormones fucking around, but I don't know. I sure don't feel well right now, that's certain.

School's almost over and so finals and final projects are here. I really should be working hard right now, but for some reason I just can't be bothered and I'm not really stressed out about it. I probably will be when I start, though, so maybe I'll just...leave it for next week. [laughs]

I guess the item of most concern is my group speech in comm. To tell the truth, I'm having a bit of a hard time with the topic (still). I don't mind writing the outline for it, but I wish I'd gotten some say in determining the topic...what we're doing really doesn't interest me much, to be honest. I wanted something more fiery, like religious tolerance or something. It's going to be a bleh speech, though...I hope the others can make up for my lack of enthusiasm about it. I hate group projects; my ideas tend to be too different for normal people, which is really kind of sad because I'm not even all that strange.

We had to come up with a "trailer" for our speeches and I realized the only way anything was going to get done was to force my ideas. Wish I would've done that with the topic. Someone (the girl who pretty much self-chose her topic for the group) wanted to gear it towards children and how they're the future....! Awwww! ^_^ ....Ehm, I'm sorry, but even if I didn't hate children, the audience is a college classroom, not a tea table of teenage moms.

I got around to writing a very small draft of a short story for my lit final project today, which I guess is comforting progress. Having something, however short it may be, is better than nothing, especially when it's due in a little over a week. I think all of them are going to have a sort of fantastic theme. Have to tie random stories together somehow.

Went to a author reading today between classes for some lit credit... I didn't really like it. It was the columnist who writes Ask a Mexican. Definitely nothing I'm interested in, but it was the only one that wasn't at 7pm. The questions were amusing but I thought the answers were dull, and he was really distracted. Also seemed to think people in LA and people in San Diego are exactly the same. Bzzt! Wrong! I've got to do another reading to get an A, so I might have to drive back to school on Tuesday night for that. Bleh. Might as well go to the bookstore or something on the way back to make sure it's not a wasted trip.

Anyway, I just hope I can get through this semester with passing grades. And sanity intact. :\

p.s. I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS GOD DAMN ANNOYING JENNIFER LOPEZ COMMERCIAL FOR RHAPSODY STOP PLAYING IT EVERY FOUR MINUTES DAMN IT AUGHHHH.

3 comments:

Shino said...

Jennifer Lopez isn't as bad as this Greyhound bus commercial which played on every commercial break of a Real World marathan my mom and I were watching last week. It was horrible.

What was the topic?

Calix said...

I don't think I've ever even seen a Greyhound bus commercial. XD

The topic she chose apparently has to do with obesity in Americans...mainly the poor, poor children! I mean, there are so many interesting aspects of the subject, but she's avoiding them all. DX

Shino said...

Wow, I'd be going crazy. Kind of reminds me when I basically telling this girl what was going on in a poem, but she kept going off of what some analysis website was telling her.