Tuesday, November 27, 2007

starcrafts

Mood: Excited
Watching various things....
Reading Drawing Down the Moon - Margot Adler
Playing Brain Age (54...WAAA XD)
Eating PIZZA ROLLS WAHAHA XD
Drinking strawberry melon juice. Yumyum!


After class today I decided to check out a store in La Mesa called Starcrafts. I don't know what I was expecting; perhaps just a weird little bookstore. [laughs]

When I went in, it was soooooo perfect and wonderful. It's a really open space inside, and usually I hate incense but it wasn't so strong (which is why I hate incense and potpourri, yuck!) and smelled really good. Everything was neat and set up in a pleasant way. It didn't seem like it at first, but they have lots of books about all different kinds of Wicca and nature-based religions and such, and specific areas like Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Reiki.... Everything!

They also had a lot of supplies (of course, haha) like crystals and candles of every color. I want to take Elysa there...I really liked it. The music playing was also really pretty...they seem to sell CDs too. I was so distracted I didn't take a good look at all the jewelry, but I'll definitely go back and take a better look at things. The woman running the store was so nice and talked to me about a few things and made some recommendations of books I should take a look at, which I really appreciated. She even said I could just sit there and read if I liked. XD

I wish I had money...I'd love to buy a bunch of books and take some classes there. I need a job! [laughs] The woman told me about gatherings they have.... It sounds like a lot of fun and the people who came in to shop were totally not what I was expecting. One older woman looked like a total Christian...guess it teaches me not to judge people by appearances. [laughs]

I really like it there. Is it wrong to get this excited about a shop? [laughs]

2 comments:

the prince of mansmut said...

Is Brain Age fun...? [always thinks about getting it] I also saw some word one advertised. [has pathetic vocabulary, should get that!] If it'd work.. [laughs]

You really liked it, hmm? That's good. Cute little shops are always fuuuun. [laughs]
Have you tried checking your library for books on Wicca? Well, I'm sure you have, but they'll probably have something...

I was looking at jewelry at Fred Meyer. They have these huge racks of mid-priced jewelry, and they always go on sale before Christmas. I was wondering if you'd like anything, but I don't really want to buy anything not knowing if you'll like it. They've got a lot of pretty stuff, though. Makes me wish my ears were pierced. >: But they didn't have any silver bands! They have a jeweler section, but those'd be liek. $75. D: Anyway...yes.

Well, once you get a job you'll have something to look forward to. [nods] And no, that's not wrong..[laughs] It's good!

Calix said...

I d'know. Brain Age is Brain Age. D: Though it's fun to see that you've actually improved, and that your basic math improves. [laughs] Some of the games piss me off, though. DX

I loved it...! It's cute and pretty and lovely and I wanna live there. D: And yeah, I just went to the library yesterday. I found some book about the way Wicca is poisoning good, Christian society and that the devil-worshipers should be stopped. God, people are so ignorant. [growls!]

I like jewelry, and I trust your taste. [laughs] You know the types of things I like. Dark stuff, simple things...black, red. D: No, I shouldn't be encouraging this. [laughs] DX