Friday, November 16, 2007

school makes my brain hurt.

Mood: Tired
Watching American Justice
Reading Maus II - Art Spiegelman
Playing AC: WW
Eating absolutely nothing. T_T
Drinking water


Ahhh. I'm not even all that busy with school at the moment but the little I have to do is exhausting. I have to start working on my Lit final, which takes a lot of thinking and effort. I'm going to write short stories inspired by things we've read in class. I wanted to do a short comic but I don't really have the time for that, and I'd rather not stress myself out too much when I can divide short stories up and moderate my stress levels.

Not so sure what I want to write about yet, though. I know one story will be based on Tarot...probably using the Lunatic deck's Major Arcana for inspiration. I liked the way that the Secret Tarot has a story to go along with both the Major and Minor Arcana, and I wanted to do something along those lines for a Hero's Journey motif. As for the others, I still have to figure them out. I want at least four or five short stories, along with illustrations for each, perhaps more. For the Tarot one, I might include the Lunatic Tarot images, since they're the inspiration, of course. [nods]

We've also got a group persuasive speech for Comm coming up and I'm a little sad because I wasn't able to pick my group. I went to the bathroom and then when I came back everyone was already in groups. Stupid bladder. ]: A lot of people were absent, too, so they were just kind of assigned to random groups. Meh. I don't want to work with people I don't know, because no one's ever interested in the same topics that I am. And yeah, that's how it turned out this time too. They want to do health in America, and I wasn't really able to express the topics I wanted. I wanted to do something about tolerance, or at least SOMEthing sort of different than what everyone else was doing, but I guess once again that I'll have to work around other people's ideas. [sighs]

[rubs shoulder] I got the HPV shot yesterday and GOD. That was so painful! I didn't think any shot hurt that much, but wow. I'm usually not a total wuss about these things (shots, even though I haaaaate needles) but wow. Ow. Hahaha. I don't want to go back. T_T

[random] Japanese boys are creepy! I was walking out of my Bounce Back class today and one of them was leaning against a bench smoking, and he was just squinting at me. His friend was talking to some European man on a bicycle. Haha. I couldn't figure out where he was from, because his accent was soooo thick and his English was horrible. D: But yeah. All the way down one big staircase and past a turn in the road...just being SQUINTED AT. [laughs] Maybe it was my bag? It's just so yellow. D: ...And dirty. ): [wipes it off]

I really want cookies. Maybe I should go make some...but they'll turn out just as horribly as usual. [laughs] Whep...I don't know what else to write! This was really boring, sorry. ]:

4 comments:

the prince of mansmut said...

..Is Maus that comic? [always saw it at the library and was liek, 'hmmm.'] Yes.

Don'tcha just hate finals? Well, at least your break is almost here. You have a nice long one, too. Luckeeeh. [why she wants semesters instead of terms] D:
And you're probably right. Short stories will be less stressful than a comic. Those projects are fun, but they take up a lot of time and consume time needed for other classes.

You have more group speeches don't you? You can get a group you like next time. [nods] I'm sure this group won't be so bad. Besides, you know enough about health. You have problems with the healthcare system all the time. D: Use your experience! [laughs] But that always happens to me too. When I have group projects, the members always pick the most boring topics. And I never suggest anything because I know it would be too out there for other people to enjoy. D: Then again, I prefer group speeches because it's not just me standing up there. Har har har!

As for the weird Japanese boy...mebbe he thought you were pretty! Or was staring at your cleavage, you dirty slut. D: [laughs] Asian people are just weird...! It's what they do. D:

Or maybe if you make cookies, they will devoured by a fucking stupid dog. D< D< D< Its days are numbered.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so it's not as bad as what you're dealing with, but I've got a dumb English project to work with. There aren't that many essays evaluating "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and that's supposed to pretty much be my entire research paper. Oops.

Calix said...

I think all English projects are dumb. KILL THEM ALL! [destroys english] D:

Calix said...

Yes, Maus is that comic...it's about the Holocaust. Yes. We had to read it for lit. Mwaaah.

And no, I think this is our last speech. After that it's just finals, I think. I hope. ]:

No, no one thinks I'm pretty! I was wearing a v-neck that day, but maybe he wanted to mug me. [had to walk through a long alley-thing after that] o.o