Friday, December 21, 2007

empathy

Mood: Pensive
Watching A Haunting
Playing Popomundo! X3
Eating Lumpia
Drinking water. Mmmmm! XD


Randomly thinking about empathy again. Sometimes I'm unsure if I'm really an empath or not, but I always come back to knowing I am. It explains so much. I just wish more people knew about it and understood...it's not really the easiest thing to explain to people, or explain what it does to me.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go here.

Some people say: well if that's what an empath is, so am I! So is everyone on Earth, idiot!
No, that's not true. There's sensitivity and there's genuine empathy. It's so much stronger than everyday sensitivity...you can't know unless you are one.

I need to learn how to put up a shield (I always read this is the best solution), but I don't think I'm any good at it. Maybe I just have to learn or keep dealing with it, unfortunately. I think maybe unconsciously I've learned to shield certain things, because some things that traditionally bother empaths have stopped bothering me, since I just distance myself from them or I haven't personally experienced them myself. A lot of things still bother me, though. It's hard coping with feeling like shit all the time, and I try to pretend it's not because of empathy, but I'm really beginning to think it is.

Anyway, just something I think about sometimes...don't mind me. [laughs] I might do something more in-depth about Empathy on my Pagan blog, so I'll stop here. I doubt anyone cares. ]:






What Kind of Empath Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Artist

You are an Artist Empath, one who creates their own reality and infuses the realities of others with your energy & emotions. You are poetic and sensitive. You turn your feelings into creations and share them with the world. Everything you touch turns to song and is freed by the color of your eyes. Your spirit dances with the winds and paints delight in the evening sky. (from the "Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)


Artist


100%

Judge


95%

Universal


90%

Fallen Angel


80%

Healer


70%

Shaman


70%

Traveler


65%

Precog


55%




And heeey, they're doing a fairly decent representation of Wicca on A Haunting. XD It's strange to see an understanding that it's not Satanic.... Nice work, Discovery Channel! XD Oh wait, never mind, now they're saying Christianity is the only true answer. BAD! DAMN IT! FUCK THIS SHIT! [storms off] XD

"I wouldn't advise anyone to dabble in Witchcraft." Oh shut up and go make love to Jesus. D< Here is Mike Rowe to bring my happy back. D<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be a good lenient being is to have a make of openness to the mankind, an skill to trusteeship uncertain things beyond your own pilot, that can front you to be shattered in uncommonly exceptionally circumstances as which you were not to blame. That says something uncommonly important relating to the get of the principled autobiography: that it is based on a conviction in the fitful and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a plant than like a prize, something fairly fragile, but whose very precise attraction is inseparable from that fragility.

Anonymous said...

To be a upright charitable being is to procure a make of openness to the in the seventh heaven, an gift to group unsure things beyond your own control, that can lead you to be shattered in very outermost circumstances pro which you were not to blame. That says something very important thither the prerequisite of the principled compulsion: that it is based on a trustworthiness in the up in the air and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a shop than like a treasure, something somewhat tenuous, but whose mere precise attraction is inseparable from that fragility.
Appareils photo
[url=http://BoutiquePhotographique.com]Camescope[/url]